Gap Blue No. 655 Eau de Toilette for Her Review

Gap Blue No. 655 Eau de Toilette for Her 
It is definitely after a 'gap' that I've been publishing on the blog (no pun intended).
I had to take a break not just from the blog but also from the monotony of my daily routine.
There was this feeling of wanting to break free and run. And so I did. I packed the bare minimum and got away as I fast I could before minds were changed. There was no planning, there was no making lists, just pure basic fun of traveling and getting away. I've returned with added enthusiasm and a zest for doing what I always do.

I've always needed a perfume in summer as it tends to get really hot and muggy out here in Mangalore. The humidity is so..what's the word....UGGGH! And I have to work for long, hard and painful hours which leaves me a mess. A stinky mess, I would like to avoid saying but hey! Well, that's what it is. And so the summer perfumes come out of my collection which when it comes to scents is very minimal. I have maybe 2 or 3 which includes essential oils because I do not favor the strong smells that the eau de toilettes impart. It gives me migraines that make me want to shower and get the smell off of me or from the person who is standing next to me wreaking of it.


This was definitely a gift from a very special person. I wouldn't have chosen it for myself. But after a few tries, I beg to differ. It's definitely what I reach out for currently.


They have a version for the boys, too, of the same perfume and I have not tried that out.
It comes in very clean and basic packaging, all white which is something that I really like.


On un-boxing, you get this beautiful crisp bottle. Simplistic in design and very basic. Just like the way I like my perfume bottles. I don't like fancy, freakish designs with girly bows, glitter and odd shapes.
This perfume was launched in 1997. It is a very green and floral fragrance.

GAP BLUE FOR HER
It is sort of citrus smelling, musky and fresh all in one go when you just spray it on.
The fragrance has mandarin, orange, green leaves, cyclamen and bergamot in it.
It is not too heady or strong. As the day wears, it starts getting milder and for me, more pleasant.
Very casual, summery and easy going scent.
I've heard that it is a little hard to find so I am not sure if it has been discontinued as some of my friends who used to use it earlier have had a tough time getting it.


I quite like it for the day time and can easily find myself finishing it off this summer itself.
Not too sure if I would re-purchase it though as I would still go for something milder. Yup, that's my nose.

There will be more reviews in store. Slowly but surely. I just love to write and I can never grow tired of blogging. It's really a wonderful passion and I have connected to so many of you lovely people out there. It's liberating. So until my next review, stay fresh and keep the comments and mails coming. I love to hear from all of you <3

Share:

12 comments

  1. Hopefully I will find one as it sounds pretty great :)

    www.chicpeachypink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a tad strong but quite useful for summer, Rajshree

      Delete
  2. Nice post thanks for sharing with us.
    http://perfumecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems to be a great perfume :) hope you enjoyed your trip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Sindhu. Really had a good time, thank you :)

      Delete
  4. this sounds great...u got it from usa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachna, it's pretty nice, I got it from Australia

      Delete
  5. i remember testing it in store and fell in love with the summery notes but after few minutes i realised it was a bit strong for me, i would still use it as i love the notes, i use just 2-3 spritz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is a tad bit strong for me too, now :)

      Delete
  6. Goodman see you back here :). This sounds like a perfume I would quite like to wear. Good post. So wonderful into hear that you've been traveling. Where did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naz :) good to see you here too. hope you have been doing well. Where did I travel, this was last year...so i can't remember...might have been to Mumbai :)

      Delete